“70′s at 7″ & “Time Out” with Chicago Tonight on DDR
Email your requests for the 70′s show to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form above, or post it on Facebook. Then stick around a 8 for “Time Out” with Chicago – an hour of some of their biggest hits.
Celtic Festival This Weekend
Title: The United Irish of Dayton Celtic Festival, presented by United Irish of Dayton, in partnership with Five Rivers MetroParks.
Fri., July 25, 6 PM-11 PM
Sat., July 26, 12 PM-11 PM
Sun., July 27, 9 AM-6 PM
RiverScape MetroPark, 111 E. Monument Avenue, Dayton Ohio and surrounding streets
Visit www.daytoncelticfestival.com or call (937) 372-9788 for more information.
Street Closings for Celtic Festival
Downtown Roads to Be Closed for Dayton Celtic Festival
Several downtown roads will be temporarily closed from Thursday, July 24, through early Monday, July 28, to accommodate the Dayton Celtic Festival (July 25-27). The festival is held at RiverScape MetroPark and nearby areas.
Following are the scheduled street closures, provided by Five Rivers MetroParks.
Beginning 9 a.m. July 24 (until 2 a.m. July 28):
- Patterson Boulevard from First Street to Monument Avenue
Beginning 6 p.m. July 24 (until 2 a.m. July 28):
- Monument Avenue from Jefferson Street to Patterson Boulevard
- St. Clair Street from First Street to Monument Avenue (South section remains open through Friday at 5 p.m. to maintain access to businesses in this area)
- Southbound Riverside Drive from White Allen Street to Monument Avenue
- Harries Street from the parking garage to Monument Avenue
- the alley behind Memorial Hall
- the WSU entry/exit to Monument Avenue
- the Engineers Club entry/exit to Monument Avenue
Beginning 2:30 p.m. July 25 (until 2 a.m. July 28):
- Northbound Riverside Drive at the intersection of Monument Avenue and Patterson Boulevard
For more downtown news and events, visit www.downtowndayton.org.
New Local Artists Added
Doug Hoskins, Shelia Gaye, Dutch Robinson – Click the pictures to buy their music
Smooth Jazz Sunday – Sponsored By At Home Bistro
What a fantastic idea! Your own personal chef for your next out door cookout or dinner party. Click the logo below to go to their Facebook page to learn more.
Free Noontime Entertainment Downtown
“The Square is Where” each weekday starting at noon at Courthouse Square. Click the link below for the schedule. From our friends at Downtown Dayton Partnership.
Listen to DDR in the Shower!
DDR is not selling these nor do we get any credit. We just thought it was a cool idea! Regular price is $69 but you can buy them now for only $21.00. Have fun with us in the shower!
DDR Makes Listening Easier!
Whether you’re an iPhone, iPad or Android user, we have you covered with an app for your device! These apps were custom built for DDR by our partners, Liquid Compass. Now listening to DDR is faster, easier, and more dependable than ever. Just click one of the icons below to go to the download page. And oh yes, they’re FREE. We paid for them so you don’t have to!
Mobile Listening Tips
1. Download and use our FREE mobile apps – it’s more stable and it’s a quicker connect.
2. Make sure to disconnect when you’re done listening. This is important because when you reconnect to the stream, you’ll be listening “current.” If you don’t do this, what you hear may be way behind what’s actually playing.
3. Refresh occasionally. This again keeps you current.
4. If you are driving you may notice periods of “drop out.” This is normal because most 3g and 4g networks are overtasked. Even if you have 3 or 4 bars (for data and phone calls a great signal). We stream in High Definition Stereo which requires a lot more bandwidth, but this gives you the best quality sound possible. Be patient! Cell providers are working hard to improve their delivery and as time goes on, you will have a better, more dependable experience.
Since partnering with Liquid Compass in early January, we have had a 99.65% up time! We also have no limit on the number of listeners that can connect to our stream. We use the latest “state of the art” technology to deliver the best quality audio we can provide. It costs more but we feel it’s worth it! Enjoy and remember, your feedback is always welcome. Thanks for listening to DDR, the “Voice of the City!”
Join Will for “70s at 7,” Wed from 7-8pm on DDR - Don’t forget to request your favorite. Email: Will@DowntownDaytonRadio.com – Use the “talkback” button on our player – Post it on Facebook.
Todd brings you all your favorites from one of the greatest decades in pop music - “Tasty 80s at 8″ Thursdays at 8pm on DDR.
Volunteers Needed for USAF Marathon
It’s the 18th running for this historical event. 2,300 volunteers needed to support the more than 15,000 runners participating Sept. 20. Click the link for more info and to register.
For detailed group opportunity information and general volunteer questions please contact:
Several Ways To Listen To DDR!
Use The Player On Our Webpage (just click the pic)
Find Us On tunein.com
Download Our New iPhone or Android App
(click on the icon to go directly to download page)
Facebook Using The Listen Live Button Just Under Our Cover Photo
Downtown Dayton Radio is more than just an internet radio station, it is The Voice of the City! We play all your favorite music from the 60s through today; from jazz and blues to rock and country. We also focus on local artists and musicians and support local business.
Find out what’s happening in Dayton. Click the pic below to go to “It’s Great in Dayton.”